Join the Harvest Sherwood Team
Harvest Sherwood stocks retailers throughout the country including bakery, deli, meat and seafood departments. Offering commodities and branded products, Harvest Sherwood has a history of meeting the unique needs of niche markets, ethnic grocers, foodservice and independent retailers of all sizes. Each of the Harvest Sherwood brands uphold a unified philosophy – serving our people, strengthening our communities, and creating value for our customers, vendors and investors.
At Harvest Sherwood, we realize a crucial part of our success is our commitment to hiring and developing quality people, people that understand our business and our customer’s businesses. Our employees are the very heart of our business and are always looking for reliable, qualified people who are team players with a strong work ethic to join our company. In turn, we offer a robust and comprehensive benefits package.
We want to make Harvest Sherwood a great place to work where we can all develop and grow.
WE ALL WIN WHEN WE
- Seize opportunities, learn new skills, take on greater responsibilities and contribute more.
- Share in the rewards, build our careers, help each other and have more fun.
- Serve our people and customers, strengthen our communities, and create value for our customers, vendors and investors.
Learn more about joining Harvest Sherwood. If you do not see an open role in your area of interest, please join one of our talent communities. By joining a talent community you’ll receive updates about Harvest Sherwood and be added to a prospect pipeline for future roles.
Managers, Supervisors, Fork Lift Operators, Billing Clerks, Selectors, and Night Shift Positions
Drivers, Dispatch, Logistics Positions
Human Resources, IT, Accounting, Finance, Administration
Sales & Purchasing
Sales, Outsides Sales, Sales Support, Procurement
- Comprehensive Health Care – Medical, RX, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Savings Incentive Plan
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Life Insurance company paid
Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- And much more
NOTICE TO ALL EMPLOYEES
This Notice is being posted pursuant to a federal court order in the matter of EEOC v. Sherwood Food Distributors, LLC, Civil Action No. 1:16-cv-02386. In that lawsuit, EEOC alleged that Sherwood Food Distributors, LLC (“Sherwood”) discriminated against female applicants in violation of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (“Title VII”) by intentionally denying positions to a class of female applicants when, since at least January 1, 2009, it failed to hire women for warehouse positions in its warehouses located in Cleveland, Ohio, and in Detroit, Michigan.
To resolve the case, Sherwood and the EEOC have entered into a Consent Decree which provides, among other things, the following relief.
- Sherwood will pay monetary relief to a class of female non-hires identified by the EEOC and will provide employment opportunities to females identified by the agency. The company is prohibited by federal court order and federal law from discriminating against any applicant because of her sex, including but not limited to, failing to recruit or hire her because of her sex.
- Sherwood is enjoined and prohibited from retaliating against any person because that person engages in any protected activity under Title VII, including but not limited to complaining about or reporting alleged discrimination or retaliation, participating in any internal investigation of such matters, or opposing any conduct made unlawful by Title VII.
- Sherwood will provide mandatory training regarding prohibiting employment discrimination and retaliation to all current and future managers, supervisors, and employees.
- Sherwood is required to make, keep, and preserve all applications, application materials, and any other materials that reflect information provided to Sherwood regarding job applicants. The company also is required to make and keep applicant flow logs.
- Sherwood will adopt a non-discrimination policy and distribute the policy to all employees, including managers.
- Sherwood will establish a toll-free number and a secure e-mail address where any Sherwood applicant or employee may report complaints of discrimination.
- The EEOC will monitor Sherwood’s compliance with the terms of the Consent Decree.
The EEOC enforces the federal laws against discrimination in employment on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. If you believe you have been discriminated against, or retaliated against for opposing or reporting discrimination, you have the right under federal law to contact the EEOC and report that discrimination or retaliation. EEOC can be reached at (800) 669-4000 or, for the hearing impaired, at (800) 669-6820(TTY) or at or (844)-234-5122 (ASL Video Phone); or via e-mail at email@example.com. The EEOC is a federal law enforcement agency and charges no fees to receive and investigate complaints. Additional information about EEOC is available at www.eeoc.gov, including how to file a charge online.
THIS IS AN OFFICIAL NOTICE AND MUST NOT BE DEFACED BY ANYONE
Any questions about this Notice or compliance with its terms may be directed to Melanie M. Peterson, Senior Trial Attorney at 801 Market Street, Suite 1300, Philadelphia, PA 19107 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (267) 589-9759.
Leon Bergmann, CEO
Sherwood Food Distributors, LLC